“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Holding our baby


Hello, Shawn here again...


Now we've both been able to hold and feed Ezra! YAY! He wasn't quite so adamant about eating today as he was yesterday, but he still ate some and seemed to really calm down. He seemed really curious about everything around him, and spent some time looking around all over. It felt so good to be able to hold him, and feel him in my arms. It especially felt good because last night he had been fairly fussy when I had been in.



Actually, he's been being pretty fussy recently in the evenings. I think that he's seen what its like to be held, and doesn't like just laying in his bed anymore. Either that or the formula they've been giving him hasn't been agreeing with his stomach, or something like that. We'll see. At any rate, he's been active throughout the day. He's managed to pull some of the electrodes off of his chest, and also took the visor off of his eyes (he's still under the UV lights, so they cover his eyes with a visor to keep him from hurting them).

I also was able to finish coloring and arranging a picture that I had drawn a little while back that we're going to take to him tomorrow. It looks like this:

Well, it mostly looks like that. My printer and monitor don't quite agree on the shades, so in print it is a bit darker, but I thought that it actually looked better that way, but that's okay. I hope he likes it (not that he'll probably notice it for a couple of years, but hope that he likes it then)

0 comments: