Yesterday I had a bunch of energy. So, I decided to make a cake but I didn't want to use a regular frosting. Well after looking for a recipe that doesn't use heavy cream(we didn't have any) I finally found a recipe for a glaze. I was really excited because it was super easy and we had all the ingredients. I though it turned out pretty good for my first time making it. Not only was it a yummy cake it made for a great celebration. We are going to Disneyland to spend time with family. We're really excited to see everyone and for Ezra who is finally going to meet the rest of his aunts and uncles. (and of course Sadie)
Chocolate Glaze
6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I used 4 oz. semisweet choc chips and 2 oz dark choc)
6 Tbs. water or milk
pinch of salt(optional)
Melt together over double boiler or in microwave. Take off heat.
6 Tbs. Butter cut in small pieces(the smaller the better)
Stir into hot chocolate mixture. Stir in
1-2 Tbs. flavoring of choice
Let cool to desired thickness. Pour over cake.
This recipe would also work great chilled for truffles.
3 comments:
That does look really good!
OH I wish I could eat that!
mmm looks good! I'm so excited for the kiddies to meet and to see you guys! What days are you going for?
Post a Comment